What is NVIVO?
NVivo is one of the most demanded, powerful and widely used research packages for the analysis of qualitative data. It allows you to organize, code, search and analyse text documents (e.g. interviews and focus group transcripts, diaries, articles) as well as multimedia.
The Need for NVIVO
Qualitative researchers conduct projects that require analysis and interpretation of different unstructured and semi structured datasets, such as observations of how people behave and interact in various settings, focus groups, open and semi structured interviews, field notes, documents and other rich qualitative data sets. Rigorous scholarly exploration of such datasets requires not only mastery of the analytical techniques that underpin different approaches of qualitative inquiry, but also mastery of analytical tools that support systematic, systemic and transparent data analysis and interpretation process.
This hands-on workshop aims to provide participants with foundational knowledge to start their own NVivo research project and sufficient competences to learn more advanced techniques of computer-assisted text, video, audio and other data analysis independently.
- Session 1: Introducing NVivo and Setting up a project
- Session 2: Importing and Coding Documents
- Session 3: Working with your themes and ideas and shaping your findings
- Session 4: Importing and coding other items
- Session 5: Exploring your data
- Session 6: Classifying and Categorizing Data
- Session 7: Grouping your data: collections and links
- Session 8: Exploring your data
- Session 9: Models and relationships
- Session 10: Visualizing your data
- Session 11: Reporting and presenting your findings
Training Fees: Ugandans: 350,000/- International: 150 USD
Venue: Ntinda Ministers Village Hotel
For whom the course is intended: It is intended for individuals and organizations that want to ease their qualitative data Analysis (Researchers, M&E, Specialists, students)
Duration: This is a 3 days training program
Benefits: 95% practical sessions, Certificate of completion, networking and follow up after training. Each session consists of the introduction to general qualitative data handling and analysis principles mixed with participants’ hands on work trying these techniques in NVivo. A list of self-learning resources for follow-up learning of data handling and analysis techniques will be provided.
-Please make Cheque in the name of MAARIFA CONSULT
-Or you can deposit money directly on Maarifa Consult Account No.9030010504731 in Stanbic Bank, Ntinda branch
-Send proof of payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Pay by direct money transfer to our bank account
How to Apply
- Interested individuals can Apply through the website maarifaconsult.com
- Or send an email requesting for a registration form to: email@example.com