Training course on monitoring and evaluation from 22nd -31st March 2017 in Kampala
Introduction: Monitoring and Evaluation is increasingly recognized as the cornerstone for effective program management and is critical for organizational sustainability. A continuously increasing need for suitably skilled monitoring and evaluation project managers has been identified as a priority area by various stakeholders active in different sectors and industries; e. g globally funded sponsorships often require evidence of effective monitoring and evaluation systems prior to Awarding funds.
The purpose of the Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation is to equip managers across a variety of sectors with the knowledge and skills to successfully design and implement sound monitoring and evaluation systems from program/project initiation to close-out.
This programme is structured in such a way that it guides learners to apply monitoring and evaluation principles within the context of their unique work environment
Who should enroll?: Any individual who have identified a need to further develop their monitoring and evaluation knowledge and skills, additional to their current vocational focus; e.g. a manager whose performance agreement demands the effective design and management of monitoring and evaluation systems for a program or organization.
- Module 1: Introduction to M&E Principles and Concepts
- Module 2: Program Logic models and Theory of change (Software to design theory of change)
- Module 3: Designing program monitoring systems
- Module 4: Program Databases
- Module 5: Managing data quality
- Module 6: Routine Data Quality Assessments
- Module 7: Designing evaluations for field-based programs
- Module 8: Analyzing and reporting data for decision making
- Module 9: Planning and managing evaluations
- Module 10: Developing a data communication strategy for stakeholder
Methodology: The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Small group work will be interspersed with input sessions. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The trainers are expert facilitators, and while they will be sharing their own experiences of M&E with you.
Examples and case studies will be used to facilitate practical application of concepts and processes.
Certification: On the successful completion of the programme a Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation will be awarded.
Who should enroll?: This course is intended for various actors in: Civil society or non-government organizations, Government agencies, International development donor agencies, and Consultancies:
Training Fees: Ugandans: 500,000 UGX; International: 250 USD (This caters for break, materials and lunch only)
Venue: Ntinda Ministers Village Hotel
Training Duration: 10 Days (intensive training)
Limited slots: We only need 20 participants: Enrollment for this training is based on first come, first serve basis
- Knowledge and Skill
Register and pay before 5th/March/2017
Those Paying in UGX can pay through
- Account Name: Maarifa Consult
- Bank: Stanbic Bank
- Account Number:9030010504731
- Branch: Ntinda, Branch
- Account Type: Uganda Shillings Account (UGX)
- You can deposit cash or write a Check in the Name of “MAARIFA CONSULT”
Those paying in USD can pay through
- a) Account Name: Maarifa Consult Ltd
- b) Bank: KCB Bank
- c) Account Number:2203269251
- d) Account Type: USD Account
- e) Branch: Forest Mall, Kampala
- f) You can deposit Cash or pay in Check in the name of “MAARIFA CONSULT LTD”
Note: After Payment, please send a proof of payment to the email below
Interested individuals can apply through the website: www.maarifaconsult.com Or send an email requesting for a registration form to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org