The training workshop on Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) and Data Analysis using EXCEL and the participants will also be introduced to STATA. SPSS and STATA are widely used program for statistical analysis by many NGOs. SPSS is a powerful suite of data analytics, reporting and modeling software. It is the data analytics software package of choice for people who need to analyze large amounts of quantitative data and is used as standard by a wide range of users who need to quickly and accurately carry out statistical analysis of that data such as market researchers, health researchers, survey companies, government, education researchers, marketing organizations and data miners.
Training Fees (Day): 300,000/- Includes Break tea and Lunch (8:30am – 4:00pm) from 1st -5th March 2016
Training Fees (Evening): 220,000/- Includes Evening (5:00pm -9:00pm and Saturday 8:00am -4:00pm) from 1st to 6th March 2016)
Venue: Ntinda Ministers Village Hotel
For whom the course is intended: It is intended for individuals and organizations that want to ease their data collection process.
Duration: This is a 5 days training program
- To introduce participants to the basic practice of statistics by using SPSS Statistics, a statistical software program used for data management and data analysis and learn how to perform basic statistical analyses.
- To introduce participants to the use of advanced SPSS for analyzing project data for reporting purposes focusing on database management tasks, descriptive statistics and graphics, and basic inferential statistics for comparisons and correlations.
- Discuss the relevance of reliable data collection process in Research
- Come up with policy research proposals
- Design appropriate research instruments
- Use relevant computer packages for data management and extrapolation
- To introduce the concepts of monitoring and evaluation and the value of implanting it in programs/projects
- To focus participant’s attention on monitoring and evaluation study designs
- M&E Data Management and Analysis
- Fundamental concepts and tools for monitoring and evaluating programs Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Social experiments, natural experiments and Randomized control trials Qualitative evaluation designs
- Conceptual issues in M&E data Data types and sources Planning data Collection
- Selecting study elements (Sampling) ICT tools for Data processing Comparison of Data analysis packages Basic data quality checks
- Basic exploratory data analysis procedures
- SPSS interface and features
- Data storage types, measures & data management in SPSS
- Creating & editing quantitative & categorical graphs/charts
- Advanced data tabulation
- Point estimation & hypotheses testing
- Inferential analysis
- Time series & Panel analysis
- Electronic Survey Creation
- Cross tabulations and stratifications with estimates
- Logistic regressions
- Data management
- Application/Use of Nvivo
- Knowledge and Skills
- Software packages