In the world today, public and private institutions are confronted with new demands and challenges. They are constantly being requested by their donors and governments to make their programs/projects more relevant to beneficiaries and to be more accountable for their use of resources. These managers must have good M&E skills at their fingertips so that they can use when making decisions and setting priorities. They must also be able to provide timely reports showing how scarce resources have been allocated, what programs they are involved in, and what impact have had on beneficiaries. This calls for an efficient and effective training on monitoring and evaluation theories, tools, concepts and systems. The four day training course is targeted at M&E practitioners, project/program managers/officers, researchers, database managers and any other person that may be interested in this training. It seeks to enhance participants understanding of M&E with the view to improving implementation, decision-making, and management capacities through learning and action.
Training Fees: Ugandans: 350,000/- International: 150 USD
Venue: Ntinda Ministers Village Hotel
Duration: This is a 4 days training program
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Follow up after Training
- Project Planning Overview
- Project Planning Processes
- Introduction to Monitoring & Evaluation
- The concept of effective Project Monitoring & Evaluation
- Overview of a Monitoring and Evaluation system
- Setting project objectives & targets that facilitates effective M&E
- Project cycle and project planning
- The logical framework as a project design/M&E tool
- Tools, methods and approaches used in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Theory of Change
- Results-based Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participatory M&E Approaches
- MS Project ( as a Project planning and monitoring tool)
- Conducting project Evaluations
- Reporting and communicating M & E Results
- M&E Report Writing
- Participants will have increased understanding of the fundamental principles and practices of project implementation, appraisal, monitoring and evaluation
- Participants will introduced to tools and techniques to measure and report project/programme results to your stakeholders, including donors, funders, supervisors or the general public.
- Participants will become familiar with the components of an effective monitoring and evaluation plan, and methods and tools to conduct data collection, statistical analysis and reporting.
- Participants will be able enable to prepare the ground for undertaking monitoring and evaluation and analyzing the results.
- Participants understand the key components for effective M&E in order to improve management performance and evidenced based decision making.
- Participants will also be able to plan and conduct evaluation activities
- Participants will able to learn how write an M&E report
Dynamic, creative, participant centered, practical, interactive, interesting adult learning methodologies and diverse media are applied to lift the participants to high levels of proficiency.
Who Should Participate?
Professionals such as Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, Program Officers, Researchers, database managers, Project managers and other professionals who may want to benefit from this Training